Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I'm "green," I make good guac, and I'm in law school.

In French, the standard vocab word for “attorney” is avocat, which has the great honor of also being the word for “avocado.” I'm three-quarters of the way through my second-year of law school. Translation: I am ten months and a bar exam away from being an attorney. 
Or an avocado. 
Still deciding.

What I do know: this summer, I’m going to be a summer associate at a law firm in Paris – an avocado intern, if you will. I’m still two months out from my start at the firm but I’m busy preparing and sorting out the bureaucratic details that come with living in France for 89 days.

The last time I went to France – a rocking summer study abroad in 2009 – I wrote my family pretty epic emails about my adventures; but I kept no record for myself – no diary, no journal, just a little notebook of new words. This time around, instead of emails to my friends and family, I want to write blog posts. Emails to the world.

I’ve never blogged before. I have some blogging family members, but until this point, I have never really felt the urge. But last night, I was debating between (a) studying and (b) watching another episode of the Vampire Diaries. Then, suddenly option (c) STARTING A BLOG, popped into thought. Everyone I’ve told about my upcoming summer experience has been pretty darn excited (and jealous, not gonna lie) about it. So why not share it?


2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! But we do talk about things other than law school. Oh and I don't know what a pencil skirt is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your blog! When I saw your facebook post about the blog name, I was wondering if it had to do with becoming an attorney :) Welcome to the blogging world, too.

    ReplyDelete